Thank you for your interest in volunteering! The Whatcom Humane Society cares for thousands of animals each year, and we couldn’t do it without the help of our dedicated volunteers.
Whether you are interested in caring for animals, providing administrative support or helping with fundraising events, there are opportunities for anyone who wants to make a difference.
- Dog TLC (must be 18 years old)
- Cat TLC
- Bunny Brigade & Rat Pack
- Farm Animal Friend
- Junior Partner-Up Team (for volunteers ages 12-15)
- Maintenance Assistant
- Vet Clinic Assistant (full!)
- Special Events/Fundraising
- Humane Education & Outreach
- Foster Care Provider – click here for more information
- Wildlife Care Assistant (must be 18 years old)
Potential Volunteers MUST:
- Be 16+ years old or 12-15 years old and accompanied by an adult at all times
- Make a 6 month commitment
- Be available to volunteer at least 2 hours per week
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for long periods of time
- Be committed to treating animals and people with compassion and respect
The Whatcom Humane Society volunteer program cannot accommodate volunteers looking to fulfill community service hours or students completing culminating projects.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you are ready to commit to helping animals in our community complete the steps below to get involved:
- Read through the Volunteer Handbook
- Review the dates of the next available Information Sessions below.
- RSVP and attend the Information Session that fits your schedule.
- Complete a WHS Volunteer Application
- Complete the required hands-on training session(s) for the position that interests you.
- Become a valued member of our volunteer team!
New Volunteer Information Session Schedule:
- Thursday, February 2 @ 4:00 pm – Session Full!
- Wednesday, February 15 @ 4:00 pm – Session Full!
Note: Junior Partner Up teams are currently being put on a waiting list due to the demand on the program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be put on the list. Due to the number of inquiries we receive, there is no wait list for adult volunteers (16+). Please continue checking for updated dates & information on how you can get involved!
For those interested in hearing about opportunities to volunteer at our Wildlife Rehabilitation Center this spring & summer, this session is for you! We will be discussing details about the program and the amazing work we do. This session is for wildlife volunteers only. Details will not be provided for shelter or farm opportunities.
- Saturday, February 25 @ 12:00 pm – Register Here! (wildlife only!)
Please consider bringing a pet food donation when you attend an information session to support our Pet Food Bank.
Volunteer & Outreach Services Manager
(360) 733-2080 ext #3024
Current Volunteers: Log In Here!